Children are adorable, and when you add a second, third, or more to the mix, the “aww” factor increases exponentially. Parents of multiples experience parenthood differently. Some describe it as equal parts magical and the most difficult thing they’ve ever done. Parents of multiples are part of an exclusive group, chosen to embrace both the beauty and the challenges of growing, birthing, and raising multiple children at once.
From the moment you’re told there’s more than one heartbeat, the entire experience of pregnancy, birth, and parenthood shifts. It can sometimes feel like your life becomes a sideshow. To celebrate the parents of multiples and capture some of the twin, triplet, and quad magic, we’ve collected some of the most incredible and adorable photos of newborn multiples.
- The sweetest triplets, fresh out of the womb. They’ve been reunited with their mother and quickly snuggle together, much like they did inside – Karla Cabrera, Mexico
- So fresh, you can practically smell them! These two struck matching poses when they snuggled in together in a bassinet – Hannah Drews Photography, Michigan
- This moment right here: Watching a father hold his daughter and son at once, while having the sweetest chat. These are core moments captured in time – Pretty Light Photography, Canada
- That moment when you meet the two who make your family whole. This family got a snuggle while momma was still on the operating table – Albany J. Alvarez Fotografia, Mexico
- These two rainbow babies spent a few long weeks in the NICU after their premature delivery. You’d never know it now with those delicious baby rolls. We can’t get over how the photographer, Lindsay Coulter, snapped these two little ladies snuggled together and that sweet little smirk – Kelly Bailey, Canada
- Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold. The pureness of this photo – from the three sleepy newborns, their mom’s beautiful postpartum body, and her serene gaze as she enjoys her babies – is perfection – Melissa Jean Photography, South Australia
- This momma showcased her four precious bundles and her gorgeous postpartum tummy – a tribute to her amazing body for giving her everything she ever wanted. Her photographer, @sweetly.grown.photography, made her dreams come true – Lena Young