Love between partners, love between families and doctors, and midwives, and that very special love when parents and babies lock eyes for the very first time. The moment of your child’s delivery will be one of the most raw and sacred of your entire life. Sure, it’s their first moments alive, it’s your first time meeting, and you’re coming out of the greatest physical stress of your life, it’s a lot. But in between all the, well, laboring are moments of love. Here are gorgeous birth images that capture these incredible labor, delivery and ᴘᴏsᴛᴘᴀʀᴛᴜᴍ moments along with captions.
- This baby makes me want to kiss their tiny toes! Is there any sweeter feeling than the warm, heavy feeling of a brand new baby on your chest? Admire this snuggly baby, pretending very hard that they have not quite been born yet.
- This photo, captured by Coastal Lifestyles Photography, shows a crying mother holding her baby in what appears to be the ⓃⒾⒸⓊ. The baby is ʜᴏᴏᴋᴇᴅ up to multiple wires and machines, and appears to be have been born ᴘʀᴇᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇʟʏ.
- As a midwife, my favorite time in the ᴘᴏsᴛᴘᴀʀᴛᴜᴍ period was when the big sisters or brothers would enter the room. Each introduction between siblings is building the first moments in a very special relationship. There’s excitement mixed with apprehension as they check out their new family member. These big brothers are already smitten with their new little sibling.
- ‘Finally holding our rainbow baby in our arms.’ You can see the relief and the love wash over her face.
- This incredible post-birth pic snapped by Sadie Wilde Photography. There is this moment after a woman gives birth, however a woman gives birth, when the room kind of stands still, and you realize that you are in the presence of something inexplicably magical. The world feels different-because it is different. There’s this new little baby. And there’s this new mom. She is full of power and confidence and has this glow that beams.
- This beautiful photo by Salt City Birth & Newborn Photography captures the joy a couple feels in those first moments together with their new child.
- So much love
- This photo was submitted by photographer Jessica. When she posted this pic to her Facebook page she captioned it with just three words: ‘ᴅᴏᴜʟᴀ ɪɴ in training’. We love everything about this photo. The newness of that baby on mama’s chest, the sweet pajamas on the new big sister and ᴅʀᴏᴘs ᴏF ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ on the pillow. This is what birth is. It’s a family.