The Premature Baby Fighting For Life With A Survival Rate Of Only 10% And The Miracle After One Year 

Louis Borrill and his fiancee, Yeridiana Chazares, had been visiting her family in Baltimore for a surprise baby shower but after she woke up the following day with what seemed to be a strong fever they decided to go to hospital.

The couple must pay £300,000 in hospital and hotel bills after baby Lily Borrill was born weighing just 1lb, 11oz. A British couple must cough up at least £300,000 as they’ve have been left sᴛᴜᴄᴋ in the US after their child was born three months early on holiday. After hours of scans, doctors said Yeri would not be able to leave the hospital. Although in ᴘʀᴇ-ᴛᴇʀᴍ labor, the doctors told Louis and Yeri that this waiting period could have been anywhere between a few hours to a few months, with them having to remain in the hospital throughout.

Louis said: “With Yeri being six months pregnant, we decided to play it safe and go to the hospital. “We were then informed that Yeri wasn’t experiencing a fever – she was in ᴘʀᴇ-ᴛᴇʀᴍ labor!”

At 8.18am on August 6, baby Lily was born. When Lily was born she was not moving and could not breathe. After 15 minutes, a doctor managed to put in a breathing tube – saving her life.  She stopped breathing twice and had to be ʀᴇsᴜsᴄɪᴛᴀᴛᴇᴅ last week after having a heart ᴍᴜʀᴍᴜʀ, which it was hoped ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ could treat.

Due to being so premature, Lily also still has a vessel called a patent ductus arteriosus (PDA), which babies l.ose when they are born. She is set to be reviewed by a cardiologist who will determine if she will need Fᴜʀᴛʜᴇʀ sᴜʀɢᴇʀɪᴇs after being checker. Yᴇʀɪ spoke about the ᴘᴀɪɴ of seeing her first-born child having to be put in an incubator and continuing to be monitored by doctors and specialist sᴜʀɢᴇᴏɴs.

She said: “Having contractions and a C-Section doesn’t compare to the I felt seeing my first-born in an incubator covered in tubes and tinier than I could have ever imagined. The doctors say Lily is doing great breathing, moving and, hopefully, getting stronger and stronger. I can’t wait to have her home.”

Louis said: “I’m so proud of my little fighter, she’s doing really well at the moment and I’m sure in the next few months, she will continue to do so. I am so proud of Yeri. She handled everything so perfectly and was incredible.”

The couple said doctors had told them that Lily would not be “out of the woods” until around three or four months and only then can she be discharged and they can return home to Scunthorpe.

Related Posts